BUCHAREST TO Snagov Monastery and Mogosoaia Palace half-day tour by eddie
Ready to explore Bucharest surroundings? Snagov Monastery and the legend of Vlad the Impaler, Mogosoaia Palace and its founder - Constantin Brancoveanu - The Prince of Gold. History, nature, stories, an enjoyable trip by Eddie
Snagov Monastery is located north of Bucharest, in the middle of an idyllic landscape. The first documents attesting the existence of a monastic settlement here dates back to the time of Mircea the Elder, grandfather of Vlad the Impaler. However Prince Vlad is the one who is credited as the founder of this monastery and he built here the first wall church.
Mogosoaia Palace was built in the early 18 century by a very important ruler of Wallachia, Constantin Brancoveanu, as a summer residence.
If you want to leave the bustle of the city and get immersed in the tranquility and charm of Bucharest surroundings, this half-day tour is a great choice.
Pricing for Bucharest to Snagov Monastery and Mogosoaia Palace Half-Day Tour by Eddie
Private groups of 1-2 people (price per group)
Private groups of 3 or more people (price per person)
Highlights - Bucharest to Snagov Monastery and Mogosoaia Palace Half-Day Tour by Eddie
- This tour is designed and performed by Eddie, your local tour guide
- Small Group Tour - usually my groups are up to 7 people but if your group is larger we'll still have fun
- Snagov Monastery - with its beautiful Byzantine church. It is rumored that Vlad the Impaler has been buried here
- Mogosoaia Palace - one of the most beautiful ones near Bucharest, having an amazing natural setup and a rich and troubled history.
All year round. Please check for availability via email or WhatsApp/Mobile phone
Flexible. I do recommend 9 or 10 am in order to avoid Bucharest peak level traffic
4 hours. This may vary depending on road and traffic conditions, queues at the visited sites or any unexpected reason
Approx. 120 km round trip
Pick-up and Dropp-off
At you hotel or place in Bucharest
At the moment we accept cash payment only. You are going to pay the tour price listed on this page (we do not apply any other additional charges) in the day of your tour, before the end of the tour
Pick-up and drop-off (at your hotel or place in Bucharest) | Tour guidance - by Eddie, certified national tour guide | Transportation by AC car - for 1-3 persons (my 2021 Dacia Logan or similar)/ 8-seater van for 4-8 persons/ bus for more than 8 persons (including driver, fuel, road tax, parking fees, etc.) - is offered as a FREE of charge service | Stops to our tour attractions: Snagov Monastery and Mogosoaia Palace. (all the entrance fees are not included)
Any entrance fees: Snagov Monastery - 15 lei/adult or 3 euro; Mogosoaia Palace – 10 lei/adult or 2.5 euro | Food and drinks | Souvenirs | Personal expenses
Transportation - using my 2021 Dacia Logan Comfort or minibus / bus
Itinerary - Bucharest to Snagov Monastery and Mogosoaia Palace Half-Day Tour by Eddie
We leave Bucharest in the morning and head north, driving on the E60 expressway.
First stop is Snagov Monastery, where we are going to visit the church and admire the natural setup.
Next stop will be Mogosoaia Palace and here we will get fascinated by the interiors and the stories about this beautiful former princely summer residence.
Our tour ends in Bucharest after this relaxing and interesting experience.
For private tours - by request - we could skip (ongoing) some of the tour components in order to have more time for others. Also, based on a prior request, we could have a different tour configuration, if possible.
Good things to know before you book
- This tour has components that are not suitable for individuals with walking disabilities. Please contact us and we will try to offer the best option to you.
- Due to the traffic conditions, we cannot guarantee the return hour.
- During weekend time, peak season and official holidays, usually the traffic level is higher and our tour could last more hours than specified
- We can unilaterally cancel the tour for important reasons as follows: force-majeur issues (E.g. roads blocked by snowfall; unavailable tour components; personal health problems, etc). In this case you will be notified prior to the tour starting hour with a text message at the same phone number or email you used to contact us. If your tour has been cancelled you have the following options: get a full refund if you have payed any amount for this tour (currently we don't accept advance payments); opt for the same tour but a private one; opt for the same shared tour on some other date.
- Eddex Travel cannot be held responsible/liable if during our tour we find any site closed without a prior notice and also we cannot be made responsible/liable for any reason from the moment you arrive
- Transportation – by AC car - for 1-3 persons (my 2021 Dacia Logan or similar)/ 8-seater van for 4-8 persons/ bus for more than 8 persons (including driver, fuel, road tax, parking fees, etc.) is FREE of charge, you are going to pay for the tour guidance only. Please Note: Eddex Travel Company or the individuals involved in this tour can not cover any travel risks by a travel insurance or in any other way. Given the fact that travelling involves always some risks, we strongly recommend you to have a valid travel insurance to cover any potential risks, such as and not limited to: any unpleasant event, accident or even death, taking place during this tour. Eddex Travel Company or the individuals involved in this tour can not be held responsible/liable for any consequences, regardless of whose fault generated the consequences
You may also like some other tours
Aren't you by this?
Share this Page