Bucharest Must See Walking Tour
Bucharest is one of the most fascinating cities in Europe. You can discover here a unique mix of urban layers representing different stages of Bucharest history. Vlad the Impaler had his Princely Court here and actually he mentioned the name "Bucharest" for the first time in a document, in 1459.
Welcome to Bucharest - The Little Paris - The City of Joy!
See more about Eddie on TripAdvisor
Why with us
- More time for you - my tours are designed to give the traveler a fair amount time to really enjoy the attractions included
- This tour is designed and performed by Eddie, your professional local tour guide
- Flexibility is the key word - in case of a private tour, one could spend more time on what interests you most and less for the rest
- Unicity - I could always add (if possible and desired) an extra tour component, ongoing
- Small Group Tour - usually my groups are up to 7 people but if your group is larger we'll still have fun
Pricing for this Bucharest walking tour
Private groups of 1-2 people
Price per tour: 40 euro
Private groups of 3-10 people
Price per person: 18 euro
Private groups of more than 10 people
Price per person: Please ask for a quotation
Highlights - Bucharest Must See Walking Tour
- Palace of Parliament - the most communist city landmark, a building with so many to tell about.
- Romanian Athenaeum - iconic Bucharest building, house of our George Enescu Philharmonic, a national temple of culture
- Revolution Square - our former communist dicator Nicolae Ceausescu held his last speach here
- The Royal Palace - our monarchy started here
- Victory Avenue - the first paved street in Romania and probably the most beautiful avenue in Bucharest
- Telephone Palace - built between 1929-1934 was the first "skyscraper" in Romania
- The Old Town - charming pedestrian cobbled streets, many historical buildings, restaurants, pubs and clubs, an effervescent day and night life
- Caru cu Bere - the oldest brewery and the most famous restaurant in town. Rich history, stunning architecture, delicious Romanian food
- Stavropoleos Monastery - a small jewel placed just in the hart of the Old Town. A city monastery having the church built in a very specific Brancovenesc architecture style
- Hanul lui Manuc - or Manuc's Inn - built in 1808 by a very rich Armenian merchant who came to Bucharest from Rusciuc - The Ottoman Empire. This is known as the last operating caravanserai in this part of Europe
- The Patriarchal Palace - the epicenter of the Romanian Orthodoxy
- Union Square and Avenue - the Romanian Champs Elysee
Central University Library
The Old Court Princely Church (1554)
The oldest church in Bucharest, brilliant Byzantine architecture, coronation church for Wallachian Princes
Private/Shared Bucharest walking tour. This is a small group tour
The tour runs all year round. Please check for availability via email or WhatsApp/Mobile phone
For shared tours - 11 am. For private tours - flexible. I do recommend 11 a.m. or 2 p.m.
Two and a half hours. This may vary depending on our walking pace
Approximately 4 km
The Romanian Athenaeum - main entrance - by the columns. This is close to almost all the hotels in Bucharest city center (10-20 minutes walking). The exact address is 1-3 Benjamin Franklin st., Bucharest
At the moment we accept cash payment only. You are going to pay the tour price listed on this page (we do not apply any other additional charges) in the day of your tour, before the end of the tour
Tour guidance .
Any entrance fees, transportation, food and drinks, souvenirs, personal expenses
Itinerary - Bucharest Must See Walking Tour
We are going to meet in front of the Romanian Athenaeum - iconic Bucharest building, house of our George Enescu Philharmonic. Please check the building's picture on top of this page (porch sustained by six visible greek ionian columns) and use the map at the end of this page. This will be also our first tour attraction.
Then we start our walking tour toward the Old Town. We will stop for the most important places and buildings for stories and pictures.
After strolling The Union Square and Avenue (The Champs-Elysees of Bucharest) we stop in front of the largest administrative civilian building in the world - The Palace of Parliament or the former House of People.
Last stop will be the Patriarchal Palace.
The tour ends in front of Hanul lui Manuc (Manuc's Inn) in the Old Town area.
For private tours - by request - we could skip (ongoing) some of the tour components in order to have more time for others. Also, we could have a different tour configuration, based on a prior request.
Good things to know before you book - Bucharest Must See Walking Tour
- The shared version of this tour is not suitable for individuals with walking disabilities. You may opt for the private version. Please contact us an we will try to offer the best option to you
- We reserve the right to refuse or unilaterally cancel any tour/service/product you want to book or you booked with us, for any reason. We will notify you via your email address/phone number regarding this issue at least 24 hours before your tour date or as soon as possible. In this case you may ask us to try to change the desired tour date or to change the tour, if possible. If you did pay any amount of money for the refused/cancelled service, and you are not interested in changing your tour date or your tour, you will be refunded. We are not liable for any losses or expenses caused by the issues above.
- Eddex Travel cannot be held responsible/liable if during our tour we find any site closed without a prior notice or we can't arrive in time to visit the attractions of the tour and also we cannot be made responsible/liable for any reason from the moment you arrive
- Please Note: Eddex Travel Company or the individuals involved in this tour can not cover any travel risks by a travel insurance or in any other way.. Given the fact that travelling involves always some risks, we strongly recommend you to have a valid travel insurance to cover any potential risks, such as and not limited to: any unpleasant event, accident or even death, taking place during this tour. Eddex Travel Company or the individuals involved in this tour can not be held responsible/liable for any consequences, regardless of whose fault generated the consequences
You may also like some other tours
Dracula's Castle and Peles Castle Day Trip
Maybe the most popular tour in Romania today. Peles Castle is a top 3 most beautiful castles in Europe. Dracula's Castle is one of the most famous castles in the world.
Small Group Tour
Two amazing castles in a one day tour. Brasov medieval city included. Stories - Nature - Fun!More Details
Dracula's Nest - Poenari Fortress Day Tour
The real Dracula's Castle. The only one built by Vlad the Impaler Wallachia - Legend and history
Small Group Tour
The Eagle Nest Vlad's last line of defense Up in the Carpathian MountainsMore Details
Bucharest to Constanta and Mamaia Day Trip by Eddie
Constanta is the oldest city in Romania - the ancient city of Tomis while Mamaia is the most exclusive summer resort in Romania
Small Group Tour
History and culture - Yummy cuisine - Sun and fun - A fresh summery day tour by EddieMore Details
Aren't you by this?
Share this Page