Bucharest to Libearty Brown Bear Sanctuary, Dracula's Castle and Brasov Day Trip by Eddie
Romania holds the largest brown bear population in Europe. Bran (Dracula's) Castle is perhaps the most famous in the world and the Transylvanian city of Brasov has a charming old town.
This Bucharest to Libearty Brown Bear Sanctuary tour proposes a unique experience, by mixing several top attractions of Romania.
The brown bear (Ursus arctos) is the king of our Carpathian mountains. In Romania, approximately 6 thousand bears live in the wild. We can say that the brown bear is one of the most valuable and strong symbols of Romania.
Bran Castle was initially a medieval fortress and later on a lovely summer residence owned by The Queen Marie of Romania. Bran Castle became the very famous Dracula's Castle for many reasons, a strong one beeing Bram Stoker's novel, "Dracula". We are talking about a 650 years old castle placed on a cliff, somewhere in South Eastern Transylvania, a land full of legends and ancestral beliefs about a variety of evil creatures.
Finally, Brasov, a typical Transylvanian medieval town, placed at the mountain foot. Here you'll see the Black Church - the largest gothic church in this part of Europe. Moreover, this beautiful town has some connections with Vlad the Impaler - Dracula.
Welcome to Transylvania!
Why with us
- More time for you - my tours are designed to give the traveler a fair amount of time to really enjoy the attractions included
- Personal experience - this tour is designed and performed by Eddie, your professional local tour guide
- Flexibility is the key word - in case of a private tour, one could spend more time on what interests you most and less for the rest
- Unicity - we could (if possible and desired) add one tour component and remove the other - even ongoing - for a full customized experience
- Small Group Tour - usually my groups are up to 7 people but if your group is larger we'll still have fun
See more about Eddie on TripAdvisor
Pricing for Bucharest to Libearty Brown Bear Sanctuary, Bran (Dracula's) Castle and Brasov Day Trip by Eddie
Please note - the tour price does NOT include: all the entrance fees, food, drinks, personal expenses, other expenses
Private groups of 1-2 people (price per group)
90 euro/person + 90 euro/person = 180 euro (for a group of 2 persons) ; 180 euro for a group of 1 person
Private groups of 3 people (price per person)
Private groups of 4-7 people (price per person)
75 euro per person
Private groups of 8 or more people (price per person)
70 euro per person
Shared groups of 1-2 people (price per person)
90 euro/person (a minium of 2 people persons is required for this tour to run)
Shared groups of 3 people (price per person)
80 euro/person (a minium of 3 people is required for this tour to run)
Highlights - Bucharest to Libearty Brown Bear Sanctuary, Bran (Dracula's) Castle and Brasov Day Trip by Eddie
- Libearty Brown Bear Sanctuary - the largest one in Europe
- Prahova Valley
- Southern Transylvania
- Brand Castle - also known as Dracula's Castle after Bram Stoker's famous character Count Dracula, inspired by our Wallachian ruler Vlad the Impaler
- Brasov - an important Transylvanian city having a well-preserved and charming medieval area, and of course, the Black Church is here - the largest one in Romania today
BRAN CASTLE / DRACULA'S CASTLE
Brasov old town
Black Church, the largest church in Romania today
Full Day Private Tour
The tour runs between November 16th – July 12th (and you will book the 11.15 am tour for the bear sanctuary), from Tuesday to Sunday. Please check for our availability via email or WhatsApp/Mobile phone
This tour is held in English. However, I can help a bit the Italian tourists with my basic level of Italian language (parlo un po' di italiano)
07:00 a.m. very sharp
12-13 hours. This may vary depending on road and traffic conditions, castle queues or any unexpected reason
Approx. 400 km round trip
Pick-up and Drop-off
At you hotel or place in Bucharest
At the moment we accept cash payment only. You are going to pay the tour price listed on this page (we do not apply any other additional charges) in the day of your tour, before our departure
Pick-up and drop-off (at your hotel or place in Bucharest) | Tour guidance - by Eddie - certified national tour guide | Transportation by AC car - for 1-3 persons (my 2021 Dacia Logan or similar - in the case of groups of 3 people, in order to have maximum comfort, one person could sit in front and the other two in the back seats) / 8-seater van for 4-7 persons/ bus for more than 7 persons (including driver, fuel, road tax, parking fees, etc.) – is offered as a FREE of charge service | Stop for Libearty Bear Sanctuary (entrance fee not included) | Stop for Bran Castle interior standard tour (entrance fee not included) | Stop for Brasov City - Historical Centre - short walking tour (including exterior visit of the Black Church) and free time/lunch time
Any entrance fees: Libearty Bear Sanctuary - 75 lei (15 euros) per adult | Bran Castle - 55 lei (11 euro) per adult | 40 lei (8 euro) per senior-age over 65 | 30 lei (6 euro) per student | Food and drinks | Souvenirs | Personal expenses
Transportation - 1 to 3 persons using my 2021 Dacia Logan Comfort; for more than 3 persons we use minibus / bus
Itinerary - Bucharest to Libearty Brown Bear Sanctuary, Bran (Dracula's) Castle and Brasov Day Trip by Eddie
Our tour starts early in the morning, in order to avoid Bucharest rush hour traffic. We head north toward Transylvania.
First stop is Libearty Brown Bear Sanctuary.
Then, if you'll have enough courage we are going to hunt Count Dracula at Bran Castle, our second stop.
Next stop will be Brasov City, for lunch and a short walking tour. I have beautiful stories to tell about this charming place and you will discover here the Old Town and admire the Council Square and the Black Church.
Our tour ends in Bucharest after a full beautiful day.
For private tours - by request - we could skip (ongoing) some of the tour components in order to have more time for others. Also, we could have a different tour configuration, based on a prior request.
Good things to know before you book
- This tour includes components that are not suitable for persons having walking disabilities (especially Bran Castle involves climbing stairs). Please contact us and we will try to offer the best option to you.
- Libearty Brown Bear Sanctuary is open from Tuesday to Sunday. Our tour runs between 16 November 16th – July 12th (and you will book the 11.15 am tour) You will be responsible for booking your tour inside and buying your entrance tickets.
- Due to the traffic conditions or other reasons we cannot guarantee the return hour or the total number of hours agreed for this tour.
- During weekend time and official holidays, usually the traffic level is higher and our tour could last more hours than specified.
- We reserve the right to refuse or unilaterally cancel any tour/service/product you want to book or you booked with us, for any reason. You will be notified via your email address/phone number regarding this issue at least 24 hours before your tour date or as soon as possible. In this case you may ask us to try to change the desired tour date or to change the tour, if possible. If you did pay any amount of money for the refused/cancelled service, and you are not interested in changing your tour date or your tour, you will be refunded. We are not liable for any losses or expenses caused by the issues above.
- Eddex Travel cannot be held responsible/liable if during our tour we find any site closed without a prior notice or we can't arrive in time to visit the attractions of the tour and also we cannot be made responsible/liable for any reason from the moment you arrive
- Transportation – by AC car - for 1-3 persons (my 2021 Dacia Logan or similar)/ 8-seater van for 4-8 persons/ bus for more than 8 persons (including driver, fuel, road tax, parking fees, etc.) is FREE of charge, you are going to pay for the tour guidance only.
- Please Note: Eddex Travel Company or the individuals involved in this tour can not cover any travel risks by a travel insurance or in any other way. Given the fact that travelling involves always some risks, we strongly recommend you to have a valid travel insurance to cover any potential risks, such as and not limited to: any unpleasant event, accident or even death, taking place during this tour. Eddex Travel Company or the individuals involved in this tour can not be held responsible/liable for any consequences, regardless of whose fault generated the consequences
You may also like some other tours
Bucharest Must See Walking Tour
Bucharest is one of the most fascinating cities in Europe. Bucharest, the place where east meets west The Little Paris - The City of Joy!
Small Group Walking Tour
Palaces and churches - Pubs and coffee shops - Stories, architecture, fun!More Details
Dracula's Nest - Poenari Fortress Day Tour
The real Dracula's Castle The only one built by Vlad the Impaler Wallachia - legend and history
Small Group Tour
The Eagle Nest Vlad's last line of defence Up in the Carpathian MountainsMore Details
Bucharest to Constanta and Mamaia Day Trip by Eddie
Constanta is the oldest city in Romania - the ancient city of Tomis while Mamaia is the most exclusive summer resort in Romania
Small Group Tour
History and culture - Yummy cusine - Sun and fun - A fresh summery day tour by EddieMore Details
Aren't you by this?
Share this Page