Bucharest Free Walking Tour by Eddie
Bucharest is one of the most fascinating cities in Europe. You can discover here a unique mix of urban layers representing different stages of Bucharest history. Vlad the Impaler (Dracula) had his Princely Court here and actually he mentioned the name "Bucharest" for the first time in a document, in 1459.
Welcome to Bucharest - The Little Paris - The City of Joy!
Bucharest walking tour ★★★★★
I had a very nice guided walking tour of Bucharest with Eddie. I liked the way he presented the city, buildings, and History. It was interesting and captivating. I strongly recommend.
Shared/Private Bucharest walking tour. This is a small group tour
Limited. All year round, seven days a week.. Please check for availability via email or WhatsApp/Mobile phone
Shared Tour - 11 a.m. or 2 p.m. - A reservation is mandatory (via email or WhatsApp/Mobile phone) | Private Tour - Flexible - depending on my and your availability. Though, I do recommend 11 a.m. or 2 p.m.
One and a half hours. This may vary depending on our walking pace
Approximately 2 km
The Romanian Athenaeum - main entrance - by the columns. This is close to almost all the hotels in Bucharest city center (10-20 minutes walking). Please use the map at the end of this page. The exact address is 1-3 Benjamin Franklin st., Bucharest
No need, this a free Bucharest walking tour. I can accept donations and recommendations
Any entrance fees, transportation, food and drinks, souvenirs, personal expenses
Highlights - Bucharest Free Walking Tour by Eddie
- Small Group Tour - up to 10 people. You'll get more value and fun
- Romanian Athenaeum - iconic Bucharest building, house of our George Enescu Philharmonic, a national temple of culture
- Revolution Square - our former communist dicator Nicolae Ceausescu held his last speach here
- The Royal Palace - our monarchy started here
- Victory Avenue - the first paved street in Romania and probably the most beautiful avenue in Bucharest
- Telephone Palace - built between 1929-1934 was the first "skyscraper" in Romania
- The Old Town - charming pedestrian cobbled streets, many historical buildings, restaurants, pubs and clubs, an effervescent day and night life
- Caru cu Bere - the oldest brewery and the most famous restaurant in town. Rich history, stunning architecture, delicious Romanian food
- Stavropoleos Monastery - a small jewel placed just in the hart of the Old Town. A city monastery having the church built in a very specific Brancovenesc architecture style
- Hanul lui Manuc - or Manuc's Inn - built in 1808 by a very rich Armenian merchant who came to Bucharest from Rusciuc - The Ottoman Empire. This is known as the last operating caravanserai in this part of Europe
CEC Bank Palace
Itinerary - Bucharest Free Walking Tour by Eddie
We are going to meet in front of the Romanian Athenaeum - iconic Bucharest building, house of our George Enescu Philharmonic. Please check the building's picture on top of this page (porch sustained by six visible greek ionian columns) and use the map at the end of this page. This will be also our first tour attraction.
Then we start our walking tour toward the Old Town. We will stop for the most important places and buildings for stories and pictures.
The tour ends in front of Hanul lui Manuc (Manuc's Inn) in the Old Town area.
For private tours - by request - we could skip (ongoing) some of the tour components in order to have more time for others.
Good things to know before you book - Bucharest Free Walking Tour by Eddie
- The shared version of this tour is not suitable for individuals with walking disabilities. You may opt for the private version. Please contact us an we will try to offer the best option to you
- We can unilaterally cancel the tour for any reasons. In this case you will be notified prior to the tour starting hour with a text message to the same phone number or email you used to contact us.
- Eddex Travel cannot be held responsible/liable if during our tour we find any site closed without a prior notice and for any reason from the moment you arrive.
- Please Note: Eddex Travel Company or the individuals involved in this tour can not cover any travel risks by a travel insurance or in any other way.. Given the fact that travelling involves always some risks, we strongly recommend you to have a valid travel insurance to cover any potential risks, such as and not limited to: any unpleasant event, accident or even death, taking place during this tour. Eddex Travel Company or the individuals involved in this tour can not be held responsible/liable for any consequences, regardless of whose fault generated the consequences
We are not responsible/liable for any losses or expenses caused by the issues above.
Please use the map below to reach our meeting point for this Bucharest walking tour
You may also like some other tours
Aren't you by this?
Share this Page