Peles Castle and Bran (Dracula's) castle tour by Eddie
In a single day you have the chance to explore two of the most beautiful or famous castles in the world and a charming Transylvanian medieval town. Thus, this is maybe the best castle tour you could get.
Peles Castle is very much connected to our Royal Family, being built by our first king, Carol I of Romania, in 1883. This unique building was meant to be a royal summer residence and the cradle of this Dynasty in Romania.
Bran Castle was initially a medieval fortress and later on a lovely summer residence owned by The Queen Marie of Romania. Bran Castle became the very famous Dracula's Castle for many reasons, but a very strong one was Bram Stoker's novel, Dracula. We are talking about a 650 years old castle placed on a cliff, somewhere in South Eastern Transylvania, a land full of legends and ancestral beliefs about a variety of evil creatures.
Finally, Brasov, a typical Transylvanian medieval town, placed at the mountain foot. Here you'll see the Black Church - the largest gothic church in this part of Europe. Moreover, this beautiful town has some connections with Vlad the Impaler - Dracula.
Welcome to Transylvania! Ha ha ha ha haaaa...
"Fantastic" ★★★★★ on TripAdvisor
Fantastic experience. Eddy, thanks to his courtesy, kindness and helpfulness, made the visit to Transylvania very pleasant. Highly recommended.
Pricing for Peles Castle and Bran (Dracula) Castle tour by Eddie
Private groups of 1-2 people (price per group)
60 euro + 60 euro = 120 euro (for a group of 2 people) ; 120 euro for a group of 1 person
Private groups of 3 or more people (price per person)
55 euro per person
Highlights - Peles Castle and Bran (Dracula) Castle tour by Eddie
- This tour is designed and performed by Eddie, your local tour guide
- Small Group Tour - usually my groups are up to 7 people but if your group is larger we'll still have fun
- Prahova Valley - two beautiful Romanian regions, Wallachia and Transylvania are connected by a few valleys, and a very famous one is Prahova Valley
- Sinaia - the Royal City - a splendid mountain resort on Prahova Valley. Peles Castle is located here, built as a summer residence by King Carol I of Romania, our first king
- Peles Castle - a top 3 most beautiful castle in Europe, the cradle of the Royal Dynasty, this unique building is placed at the foot of the picturesque and wild Bucegi Mountains
- Brand Castle - also known as Dracula's Castle after Bram Stoker's famous character Count Dracula, inspired by our Wallachian ruler Vlad the Impaler
- Brasov - an important Transylvanian city having a well-preserved and charming medieval area, and of course, the Black Church is here - the largest one in Romania today
Bran Castle / Dracula's Castle
A Transylvanian - Gothic building, defense fortress, royal summer residence, loved by our great Queen Marie of Romania
Peles Castle gardens
Full Day Private Tour
The tour runs all year round. Please check for availability via email or WhatsApp/Mobile phone
This tour is held in English. However, I can help a bit the Italian tourists with my basic level of Italian language (parlo un po' di italiano)
12-13 hours. This may vary depending on road and traffic conditions, castle queues or any unexpected reason
Approx. 400 km round trip
Pick-up and Drop-off
At you hotel or place in Bucharest
At the moment we accept cash payment only. You are going to pay the tour price listed on this page (we do not apply any other additional charges) in the day of your tour, before the end of the tour
Pick-up and drop-off (at your hotel or place in Bucharest) | Tour guidance - by Eddie - certified national tour guide | Transportation by AC car - for 1-3 persons (my 2021 Dacia Logan or similar)/ 8-seater van for 4-8 persons/ bus for more than 8 persons (including driver, fuel, road tax, parking fees, etc.) – is offered as a FREE of charge service | Stop for Peles Castle interior standard tour (entrance fee not included) | Stop for Bran Castle interior standard tour (entrance fee not included) | Stop for Brasov City - Historical Centre - short walking tour (including exterior visit of the Black Church) and free time/lunch time
Any entrance fees: Peles Castle - 40 lei (8 euro) per adult | 20 lei (4 euro) per senior-age over 65; Bran Castle - 45 lei (9 euro) per adult | 35 lei (7 euro) per senior-age over 65 | Food and drinks | Souvenirs | Personal expenses
Transportation - using my 2021 Dacia Logan Comfort or minibus / bus
Itinerary - Peles Castle and Bran (Dracula) Castle tour by Eddie
Our tour starts early in the morning, in order to avoid Bucharest rush hour traffic. We head north toward Transylvania.
First stop is Sinaia, our beautiful royal city and mountain resort, where we are going to visit Peles Castle, the former royal summer residence of The Royal House of Romania. Back on the road and we step into the gothic Transylvania after crossing the picturesc Carpathian Mountains.
Next stop will be Brasov City, for lunch and a short walking tour. I have beautiful stories to tell about this charming place and you will discover here the Old Town and admire the Council Square, the Black Church and the Rope Street.
Then, if you'll have enough courage 🙂 we are going to hunt Count Dracula at Bran Castle, our last stop before Bucharest.
Our tour ends in Bucharest after a full beautiful day.
For private tours - by request - we could skip (ongoing) some of the tour components in order to have more time for others. Also, we could have a different tour configuration, based on a prior request.
Good things to know before you book
- This tour includes components that are not suitable for persons having walking disabilities (especially Bran Castle involves climbing stairs). Please contact us and we will try to offer the best option to you.
- Peles Castle is closed on Mondays. In this case we are going to visit Cantacuzio Palace, placed in Busteni, close to Sinaia and Peles Castle.
- Due to the traffic conditions, we cannot guarantee the return hour.
- During weekend time and official holidays, usually the traffic level is higher and our tour could last more hours than specified.
- We can unilaterally cancel the tour for important reasons as follows: force-majeur issues (E.g. roads blocked by snowfall; unavailable tour components; personal health problems, etc). In this case you will be notified prior to the tour starting hour with a text message on the same phone number or email you used to contact us. If your tour has been canceled you have the following options: get a full refund if you have payed any amount for this tour (currently we don't accept advance payments); opt for the same tour or other tour on some other date.
- Eddex Travel cannot be held responsible/liable if during our tour we find any site closed without a prior notice and also we cannot be made responsible/liable for any reason from the moment you arrive
- Transportation – by AC car - for 1-3 persons (my 2021 Dacia Logan or similar)/ 8-seater van for 4-8 persons/ bus for more than 8 persons (including driver, fuel, road tax, parking fees, etc.) is FREE of charge, you are going to pay for the tour guidance only. Please Note: Eddex Travel Company or the individuals involved in this tour can not cover any travel risks by a travel insurance or in any other way. Given the fact that travelling involves always some risks, we strongly recommend you to have a valid travel insurance to cover any potential risks, such as and not limited to: any unpleasant event, accident or even death, taking place during this tour. Eddex Travel Company or the individuals involved in this tour can not be held responsible/liable for any consequences, regardless of whose fault generated the consequences
You may also like some other tours
Aren't you by this?
Share this Page