Black Sea Day Tour to Constanta and Mamaia
A great summery day tour, a mixture of culture, history, yummy cuisine, sun and fun by Eddie
Constanta is the 5th largest city in Romania, a harbor and touristic city that lies on the western coast of the Black Sea. A cosmopolitan place where East meets West in a perfect harmony. The oldest city in Romania was founded by the Greek colonists from Miletus, in the 7th century b.c., under the name of Tomis.
Mamaia is the Romanian Ibiza, the most exclusive summer resort in Romania.
If you choose this Black Sea tour, in a single day you could have a sunbath in Mamaia and feel the Greek and Roman vibes of Constanta.
Don't forget your beachwear and let's hit the Sun Motorway!
Pricing for Black Sea Day Tour to Constanta and Mamaia
Private groups of 1-2 people (price per group)
65 euro + 65 euro = 130 euro (for a group of 2 people) ; 130 euro for a group of 1 person
Private groups of 3 or more people (price per person)
60 euro per person
Highlights - Black Sea Tour to Constanta and Mamaia
- This tour is designed and performed by Eddie, your local tour guide
- Small Group Tour - usually my groups are up to 7 people but if your group is larger we'll still have fun
- Ovidius Square - everything is here, pedestrian streets, coffee shops, restaurants, museums, historical monuments, cathedrals. And the Black Sea is very close.
- The Roman Edifice with Mosaic - one of the largest mosaics discovered on the former territory of the Roman Empire. Built between the 3th and the 4th century a.d., over a surface of 2000 square meters, this is the living proof of how important the city of Tomis was, especially for trade.
- Museum of National History and Archeology Constanta - the second most important museum in Romania, hosts an impressive collection. We are going to see here the Glykon Snake statue - the only piece in the world - representing a Roman mythological deity.
- The Grand Mosque - is the most important Muslim cult building in Romania
- The Cliff of Constanta and the Casino - although under restoration work, Constanta Casino is an iconic and romantic monument, placed by the sea.
- Mamaia Summer Resort -we could have a sunbath on the beach and/or have a nice summer cocktail.
Carol I Mosque
Full Day Private Tour
All year round. The best part of the year for this tour is from May to September. Please check for availability via email or WhatsApp/Mobile phone
10 hours. This may vary depending on road and traffic conditions, queues at the visited sites or any unexpected reason
Approx. 450 km round trip. Almost all on mororway
Pick-up and Drop-off
At you hotel or place in Bucharest
At the moment we accept cash payment only. You are going to pay the tour price listed on this page (we do not apply any other additional charges) in the day of your tour, before the end of the tour
Pick-up and drop-off (at your hotel or place in Bucharest) | Tour guidance - by Eddie, certified national tour guide | Transportation by AC car - for 1-3 persons (my 2021 Dacia Logan or similar)/ 8-seater van for 4-8 persons/ bus for more than 8 persons (including driver, fuel, road tax, parking fees, etc.) - is offered as a FREE of charge service | Stops to our tour attractions: Ovidius Square, The Grand Mosque, The Roman Edifice with Mosaic, The National History and Archeology Museum, Free time for lunch, Sunbath session in Mamaia, if the weather is proper for this. (all entrance fees are not included)
Any entrance fees (The Grand Mosque – 10 lei/2 euro/adult | National History and Archeology Museum – 20 lei/5 euro/adult | The Roman Edifice with Mosaic – 10 lei/2 euro/adult | Food and drinks | Souvenirs | Personal expenses
Transportation - using my 2021 Dacia Logan Comfort or minibus / bus
Itinerary - Black Sea Day Tour to Constanta and Mamaia
We leave Bucharest in the morning and head east to Constanta, driving on the Sun Motorway.
Once arrived to Constanta we start a nice walking tour around Ovidius Square and toward the Black Sea shore.
First stop is the Museum of National History and Archeology Constanta, and we find here objects dating from the Paleolithic to the Modern era.
Next stop will be the Roman Edifice with Mosaic where you could admire the ruins of an impressive ancient commercial center and warehouse, where the floor is covered in 1700 years old Roman mosaic.
Then we are going to stop and visit the Grand Mosque. The first building in Romania to use the reinforced concrete.
Our walking tour will contine with the promenade alleys by the sea and the Constanta Casino.
You will have free time for lunch and/or shopping and then back in the car.
While we are at the Black Sea shore, the best thing to do here is to feel the sand under your feet. Thus, after a 15 minutes car ride we are going to experience this in Mamaia, our last stop before Bucharest.
Our Black Sea tour ends in Bucharest after this charming day.
For private tours - by request - we could skip (ongoing) some of the tour components in order to have more time for others. Also, based on a prior request, we could have a different tour configuration, if possible.
Good things to know before you book
- This tour includes components that are not suitable for persons having walking disabilities (especially the Grand Mosque tower involves climbing stairs). Please contact us and we will try to offer the best option to you.
- Due to the traffic conditions, we cannot guarantee the return hour.
- During weekend time, peak season and official holidays, usually the traffic level is higher and our tour could last more hours than specified
- Museum of National History and Archeology Constanta and The Roman Edifice with Mosaic are closed on every Monday and Tuesday. In this case we are going to visit Constanta Museum of Folk Art
- We can unilaterally cancel the tour for important reasons as follows: force-majeur issues (E.g. roads blocked by snowfall; unavailable tour components; personal health problems, etc). In this case you will be notified prior to the tour starting hour with a text message at the same phone number or email you used to contact us. If your tour has been cancelled you have the following options: get a full refund if you have payed any amount for this tour (currently we don't accept advance payments); opt for the same tour or other tour on some other date.
- Eddex Travel cannot be held responsible/liable if during our tour we find any site closed without a prior notice and also we cannot be made responsible/liable for any reason from the moment you arrive
- Transportation – is FREE of charge, you are going to pay for the tour guidance only. Please Note: Eddex Travel Company or the individuals involved in this tour can not cover any travel risks by a travel insurance or in any other way. Given the fact that travelling involves always some risks, we strongly recommend you to have a valid travel insurance to cover any potential risks, such as and not limited to: any unpleasant event, accident or even death, taking place during this tour. Eddex Travel Company or the individuals involved in this tour can not be held responsible/liable for any consequences, regardless of whose fault generated the consequences
You may also like some other tours
Aren't you by this?
Share this Page